Tilapia & Veggies.. with a side of extra veggies :)
There is no greater hunger then post Barry's Bootcamp hunger. Tonight I came home from Barry's ready to eat anything and everything. So naturally I checked my fridge and made it all. Tilapia, rice, mixed veggies, sweet yams, broccoli slaw and salad topped off with a squeeze of lemon juice.. all in my belly :)
Sometimes your body just needs a smorgashboard of nutrients, especially after a high intenisty workout like Barry's. Tonight I refueled with the proper macros (the basis of all calories one consumes).
- 6oz. of tilapia (cooked with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper) = great source of protien, calcium, and potasium
- 1 cup brown rice = easy digesting carb replenishment, good source of magnesium, anti-oxidants, and fiber
- 1 cup of mixed veggies (made with olive oil, salt and pepper) = added vitamins & minerals
- 2 cups of sweet yams (baked with coconut oil, black pepper and sea salt) = calorie/carb replenishment, great source of vitamin B, vitamin C, potasium, iron and fiber
- 2 cups broccoli slaw (baked in coconut oil) = source of vitamin A, C, calcium and iron
Healthy and tastey Thursday :)
Honor your macros. Honor your body. Honor yourself.