Gfree/Dfree Chocolatey Brownie Bites
With Valentines Day on it's way and chocolate always on my mind, I decided the other night to throw some gfree/dairyfree ingredients together and try and clean up my craving.
With all the running and high intensity training I've been doing, my brain and body are in fight and flight mode in search for the sugariest treats all day long. Lately,I've been finding the more sugar I eat on long run days, the more cravings I have to fight on rest days.
As a huge advocate of intuitive eating and not really fighting any cravings I figured I'd try and make an easily digestible option to satisfy my chocolate obsession. Check it out:
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon PB2 chocolate PB powder (optional)
- 1 large egg
-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- dash of vanilla
- dash of sea salt
- sliced almonds for topping (optional)
*Not Pictured: Almond Milk*
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F, spray 8x8 cooking tin with cooking spray or use mini liners.
2. Melt 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate. I prefer Enjoy Life brand.
3. In a bowl, wisk 1 cup gluten free oat or rice flour, 1 large egg, 1 tablespoon PB powder, 1 tablespoon cocoa, dash of vanilla, dash of salt.
4. Add in 1/2 cup melted dairy free chocolate and 1/2 cup almond milk.
5. Pour in 8x8 tin, place in oven, bake for 11-12 minutes.
6. Sprinkle alittle sugar or sliced almonds on top and enjoy!